Counter Current

Thursday, November 26, 2009

One year on but the wound is still so fresh

Today India remembers that cruel date: 26/11. It doesn't feel one year. It feels like it has just happened and we are still trying to figure out what has happened. The wounds are still so fresh. And the moment I am opening a newspaper or a TV channel this wound is becoming all the more deep. Why this has affected me so much I don't know. There have been so many attacks in India till now but this was something else. But why do we have to put up with attacks in the first place. Why are we such a easy victim? I don't have an answer. And neither does million of Indians. Today I pray for all those souls who fell prey to non-stop bullets, those who fought to save lives, those who lost someone special. Today everyone remembered in their own way. TV channels, newspapers, organisations did something for those who lost their lives on 26/11. This blog is my remembrance for them. I love you Mumbai. I love you India. Keep rocking as you always did.

2 comments:

SUCHARITA SARKAR said...

THIS IS SUCH A SHORT AND HEARTFELT POST! VERY REFRESHING, ALTHOUGH THE ISSUE IS SOMBRE.

I CAME ACROSS YOUR ARTICLE IN THIS MONTH'S PENTASECT. KEEP WRITING, I ENJOYED YOUR STRAIGHTFORWARD STYLE.

Sarita said...

Thank u Sucharita for your comments...

Post a Comment